Thursday 20 June 2013

Spare Time

Just realised I haven’t been typing for a while.
To be honest with everything going on, I just couldn’t be bothered :)

It was great to get away for a week enjoying the fun in the sun BUT the second my bum hit the seat to go home, life and planning started again! Spica chairs, sleep suits, cots, and highchairs plan, plan, plan because the day is coming and I have just buried my head in the sand for a whole week!

Bean bag ordered, tot seat ordered wood bought, holiday abroad cancelled, puppy purchased! Yeah that’s right! In the mist of our marathon we thought, hey lets get a dog, it will be good for Jessie and a week later...we still feel it was one of the best decisions we have made. Gizzy and Jessie are now the gruesome twosome of our house, where one goes the other follows and after 3 days we were pretty much toilet trained, why is it not that easy with a child?



Steve the builder. Can he build it? Yes he can :) after debating the pros and cons of building our own spica chair the day had arrived, sunny
weather outside and tools at the ready GO. My wonderful hubby built the thing in 12hrs even tho it took me 3 days to paint the thing and I still haven’t finished!


The effect on me!
Well.... as a family were coping well, surviving and being strong together. As a wife and mother things are a little more complicated. I have a stress cleaning habit when life gets tough, I take it out on a bottle of bleach. The spica chair building and work and the stress brought me to tears as the mess was too much. How dare I leave a tub of paint sitting on the worktop? I know this is pathetic but my way to handle stress is to clean or go a jog and as a don’t really want to leave the house, the jog isn’t going to happen.
Family...
I understand that our family want to spend time with Jessie before surgery but as a parent who doesn’t like my daughter leaving my side. I have let go a little but I feel certain members are pushing my boundaries as a parent, saying one thing, doing another - gets me so mad!

Everything’s personal when it comes to my baby I own that.
We can take her for a night? ehhhh no you can’t. Wit do you think we can’t cope!!
I will get her this - ehhh no, do you think if she needs something we won’t get it!!!
I know I'm not the only parent who goes through this. I'm not CRAZY...I think!

Anyway, life has been hard the last few weeks, finishing everything off makes it feel so final, it’s not just a thought we now have too take action.

Hugs, you're not alone if you’re reading this, 
4 days to surgery 

No comments:

Post a Comment