Wednesday 29 May 2013

Dealing... NOT


As we drive home in shock, the only words spoken were an agreement to not tell anyone till we get our heads sorted. Tears stream from my eyes uncontrollably as I gently look back at our little lady who is kicking lumps out stevies chair and finding it hilarious.

As we settle home not enjoying the glorious weather, I sit thinking why us why our baby how will we cope how will our precious little girl cope. I look through the patio doors and see my strong army veteran husband in tears at the table. This is SERIOUS.

As comfort I tell him I had ordered cupcakes 3 days before as we had argued about money with a card saying.
Let’s not take life to serious
have a cupcake and a cuppa
we will get through it together.
Not knowing what today would hold for us. How I wished they were delivered.



I think we went through a grieving stage, at first I hated everyone with a child selfishly thinking why mine and not their kid. Then anger, can I sue the doctors for not finding this before my child was 15 months. You know I don’t think they got it right my baby is fine (denial). After a couple of deep discussions and crying we finally accepted what’s happening. Still not happy about the situation but needs must as parents, stick your chin up and fall to peaces after the baby is in bed.

Its time to deal with reality and make a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment