Wednesday 29 May 2013

shock!


Our little rabbit started walking around a month ago. The proud mummy I am took videos, pictures and cried like an Italian fountain. A small problem tho she walked on her left toes bit odd we thought. She had been checked many times so we thought maybe it’s just something silly best get it checked out.


She was bent, felt and measured all over the doctor told us
"It’s nothing serious as no clicking. Her left leg is just a little shorter than the other not to worry. She would have a word with the surgeries paediatrician when he was back from holiday".

We left pleased that she was fine called all the family to let them know all was good. A few days later our paediatrician phoned to say he didn’t think there was a problem but to be safe he was sending her hospital for a second opinion.

4 weeks passed till appointment day. We got all dressed and ready for our wee trip to hospital. The letter said be prepared to be there for 3-4 hour, as we weren’t worried. we thought everything was fine I told my husband people are only there for that amount of time if their getting x-rays and stuff well be in and out.

As we arrived into the ward the receptionist handed us an x-ray card and sent us on our way. I thought this must be a routine thing in this hospital. As wee played keek a boo and danced our way down the corridors to x-ray.

We arrived and mummy gets the good job holding her down in the dark room. Look Jessie twinkle twinkle little star owwww it sounds like our hoover wooo hoover bruuummmmm.

Back in the ward. We wait patient well me and Steve do, our monster is running mad with a child size dyson bruummmmm bruummm and a wooden hammer we know is going to hit us very soon.
As we walk to the room the sudden thought hits me "a hope this is going to be ok"
As I sit I feel my general WHAT IS IT smile on my face.

Your child has dysplasia of the hip. ehhhh ok. BANG!
She will need surgery ehhhhhh ok. BANG!
She "possibly" will need a second surgery ehhhhhhhhh ok. BANG!

Me and Steve have completely shut down. I hear no more words I just stare at my baby destroying a box of toys next to the medical bed. Thinking REALLY :s



1 comment:

  1. So pleased to see a blog on DDH. Its not really known about until you find yourself faced with it! Love the blog!
    (((Hugs)))
    Maz x

    ReplyDelete